- Carrots – 4 pounds
- Sugar – 1 and a half cup
- Green cardamom powder– 2 tbs
- Butter -4 sticks (16 oz)
- Half and half milk – 2 cups
- Cashews– half cup crushed
- Almonds – slivered almonds 1 cup
- Grate carrots first.
- In a big cooking pot, add four sticks of butter and grated carrots together and start cooking on medium heat.
- Butter will start melting. Mix carrots and butter often and let all the juices mix well until drying.
- Stir every few minutes until very little juice is left.
- When very little juice is left, add sugar, mix well, and let it cook.
- Now add milk and mix it well with carrots and cook until there is no milk and you see carrots are leaving oil.
- Add green cardamom and mix well. By now, carrots should be ready.
- Turn heat off add cashews, almonds, or any nuts of your choice.
Hint – This recipe can be made dairy-free.
Just use smart balance and soy milk or almond milk ( or your choice of dairy-free butter and milk.
Get Hard Copy of Grandma’s Flavors Book:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/321034
Grandma’s Flavors Digital Version:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/319273