- Basmati white rice: 2 cups
- Frozen mixed vegetables: 1.5 cups
- Chicken: 3 thighs, skinless and boneless.
- Eggs: 2 (optional)
- Salt according to taste
- Soy sauce: 4 tbsp
- Garlic: one clove
- Olive oil: 4 tbsp
- Wash rice thoroughly and soak in 4 cups of water for about ten minutes.
- Boil 4 cups of water with salt.
- Drain the water from soaked rice and add it to the boiling water.
- Boil the rice for ten minutes.
- Place the rice in a strainer and drain all the water. Sprinkle cold water all over the rice and set it aside.
- Take a pot and boil the chicken thighs. Once boiled, cut them into thin slices.
- Stir fry chicken and vegetables in separate pans.
- Take a skillet and add two serving spoons of oil. Once the oil is warm, immediately add garlic. Stir and make sure garlic doesn’t burn. Immediately add vegetables and rice and mix everything nicely. Add soy sauce, mix it well and let it cook for ten minutes on low heat.
- Optional: Beat two eggs with very little salt and cook in pan and mix with rice.
Enjoy by itself, garlic tofu or garlic chicken.
Helpful hint: is rice can be made without chicken. If you are a
vegetarian or vegan, follow the same steps without the addition of chicken and eggs.
Get Hard Copy of Grandma’s Flavors Book:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/321034
Grandma’s Flavors Digital Version:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/319273