- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Lamb: 1 lb
- Onion: 1 (large)
- Garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Ginger paste: 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1.5 tsp
- Cinnamon stick: ½
- Water: 3 cups
- Black cardamom powder: ¼ tsp
- Tomato paste: 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili to taste
- Green chili: 1-2 small (optional)
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Add yogurt, besan, one cup of water and turmeric powder to the blender. Mix it until it’s a smooth mixture and set it aside.
- Place a pot on the stove and heat eight tablespoons of oil.
- Add chopped onions to the oil and cook for five minutes or until they have caramelized.
- Add turmeric powder followed by yogurt and basen mixture and stir it regularly. Add four cups of water and mix it well.
- Place the above mixture on medium heat for fifteen minutes while stirring regularly.
- In the meantime, place another pan on the stove for Tarka. To prepare Tarka, add four tablespoons of oil . Once the oil is hot, add ginger followed by garlic and let it cook for a few minutes. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, coriander powder, curry leaves, and mix well. After a few seconds, Tarka is ready.
- Now add tarka to the pot with yogurt and besan mixture. Turn the stove to low heat and stir it regularly for fifteen minutes and your curry is ready.
- Add pakoras right before serving.
Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with rice.
Get Hard Copy of Grandma’s Flavors Book:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/321034
Grandma’s Flavors Digital Version:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/319273