- Milk: full cream milk half gallon
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Saffron: a pinch of milk mix with warm water.
- Green cardamom: 1 teaspoon
- Rosewater: 1 tea spoon
- Unsalted pistachio: half cup silvered pistachio
- Milk: half a gallon 2% milk
- Sugar: 2 cups
- Vinegar: 1/4 cup
- Corn starch: 1 teaspoon
First make Rabri
- Boil full cream milk for 25 minutes. Keep stirring milk after every few minutes.
- Add sugar and stir for a few minutes. Immediately add saffron and cardamom and stir for 5 minutes and then turn the stove off and set aside .
- Boil 2%milk in the microwave for about 20 minutes to make Chena or cottage cheese ( every microwave is different) so please check your timings.
- Take out boil milk out of the microwave and put on a wooden cutting board.
- Immediately add vinegar and start stirring to make cottage cheese.
- Now put cheese clothes in a strainer and start pouring the mixture. You will get cheese.
- Start pouring cold water on the cheese. And close the cheesecloth tight so all the water gets out.
- After 20 minutes start mixing corn starch with cheese mix well until it’s the smooth mixer.
- Make flat small round patties and set aside.
- In a big round couldron add 2 cups of sugar with 4 cups of water and bring to boil to make syrup.
- When the syrup starts boiling start adding cheese patties in it slowly.
- Let patties boil for 15 minutes on high heat.
- After 15 minutes take the pan off of the stove. Add 2 cups of crushed iced and mix slowly.
- When patties get cold, take one by one out of syrup and gently squeeze in between of your palm and add to rabri you made first. Rasmalai is ready.
- Put in the fridge to get cold and garnish with silver pistachio.
Get Hard Copy of Grandma’s Flavors Book:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/321034
Grandma’s Flavors Digital Version:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/319273