- Rice …. one cup
- Tomatoes ….2 medium sizes
- Kidney beans…. one small can ( make sure to rinse kidney beans in strainer)
- Tomato paste ….4 tablespoons
- Garlic …. one tea spoon of chopped garlic or half tea spoon of garlic paste
- Ginger ….. 1/2 inch chopped or half teaspoon of ginger paste
- Onion … 2 medium size
- Salt to taste
- Red chili half tea spoon
- Cumin powder … 3 tea spoon
- Coriander powder … 3 tea spoon
- Black Cardamon powder … less then half tea spoon
- Dry fenugreek leaves … 2 tablespoons crushed.
- wash rice and set aside. Let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Chop one onion into very fine small pieces. Add oil in pan let it get warm add onion and let it get caramelized then add garlic ginger paste. Mix well for few minutes add immediately 2 tablespoons of paste stir and then add kidney beans with 4 cups of water.let it cooks on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Now cut one onion into long wedges. Chop tomatoes into small pieces. Add 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan when it gets warm add onion and let it get into pink color and then add tomatoes. Mix well and add a pinch of salt. When tomatoes are mixed and soft add rice. Make sure to drain water from soaked rice. Stir for few minutes and then add one and half cup of water and let the rice cook on medium heat.
- Now in a small pot add 2 tablespoons of oil let it get warm add black cardamon powder with cumin, coriander powder, and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and mix well for few minutes and then add everything to kidney beans and let cook for few minutes. In end add fenugreek leaves ( crush in your palm).
Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy
Get Hard Copy of Grandma’s Flavors Book:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/321034
Grandma’s Flavors Digital Version:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/319273