- Eggplant ..1 medium size
- Onion … 1 medium
- Crushed walnuts … one and a half cup crushed
- Pomegranate molasses… 2 tablespoons
- Maple syrup… 2 tablespoons
- Honey … 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder… one teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder .. one teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cut eggplant into a round or oval shape. Soak in salted water to oxidize.
- Cut onion into thin wedges and set aside.
- Crushed hand full of walnuts until you have one and half cup of crushed walnuts.
- In a skillet stir fry eggplant and set aside.
- In a deep pan or skillet caramelize the onion.
- Then add crushed walnuts into the onion and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Then add turmeric powder, cinnamon powder then add 2 and a half cup of water and let everything mix well. Cook for five minutes add pomegranate molasses, honey, and maple syrup. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes add a half cup of water again and let it cook for 5 minutes more.
- After 5 minutes add stir fry eggplant and mix with all mixture and cook until water is finished and it leaves oil.
- Enjoy the dish with naan or rice.
Hint … This dish can be made with chicken also. You have to just stir fry small pieces of chicken and into this recipe with eggplant or without eggplant. you can add 3 tablespoons of yogurt also into marination. If you are allergic to dairy then just skip this.
Get Hard Copy of Grandma’s Flavors Book:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/321034
Grandma’s Flavors Digital Version:- https://www.digistore24.com/product/319273